- •Asking me to work with less than 24 hours notice.
- •Extending or changing the schedule of your org’s event/meeting without asking the child care providers if it works with their schedule.
- •Asking me to help you find child care providers when I’m unavailable.#unpaidlabor
- •Not providing a SAFE child care space. (Once at an org’s retreat at Menucha, the org’s point person initially placed the child care center in a basement with SO MANY hazards. They found us another spot when I was like “um… I don’t want one of the babies crawling under the furnace.”)
- •Not respecting pronouns.
- •Not providing any materials like books and toys for child care.
- •Hiring too few child care providers for larger groups or when there are babies who need more one-on-one care.
- •Not paying in a timely manner.
- •Not providing breaks.
Pro-tip: Be good to the people who take care of you